Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goodness...fitness..health... I spent an hour looking for a name that wasn't used.  I'm a personal trainer...I'm very healthy, I live a very healthy life and spent a lot of years learning and becoming an expert on health. Well everyone can learn more.  I hope to keep learning and helping people. I don't personal train anymore because I got multiple sclerosis [MS] 11 years ago.  I worked in corporate fitness for 16 years as well as personal training.  Now I am on disability but I have MS it does not have me.  I go to the gym, I eat the right food and the right amount of food so looking at me you would never believe I have a disease.  I do believe if I can do it you can do it.  I am an insperation for many people and I hope I can be for you also...anyone that takes the time to read this.  I came up with something we called FITNESS @ YOUR DESK at my corporate fitness job.  It was an exercise you can do at your desk.  Every week I posted a new exercise you can do at your desk while you are working.  I would like to do that on this blog.  This way before you know it you will have an hour worth of exercises that you added on slowly...weekly...so you are not doing too much too fast.  I hope to answer your questions or maybe answer a question you didn't even know you had just by chatting with me.  Just reading my experiences might help you to get healthy, lose weight, get out of a rut you are in etc. 

I was very much into sports when I was in school. I started learning sports nutrition early and how to be faster and stronger.  I decided I wanted to make money doing what I love so I became an aerobic instructor, then a personal trainer.  I took callage classes on health and fitness.  I was training to run a marathon when I started falling.... drop foot... it took a year to figure out I have MS.  I stopped running and skiing... I stopped a lot of things.  It took some time, maybe 3 years, for me to decide I can get up and still do things.  I started skiing again and running.  I had to find something that didn't give me as much pain so I used the stepmill instead of running.  Over the years I tried different things that would give me a workout without putting me in a lot of pain... But I never stopped.  After getting Lyme disease 7 years after having MS, it took me some time to build my strength back up.  I took a wheelchair into work instead of going out on disability.  I did my job but I was in a wheelchair so they pushed me out in their own way instead of firing me.  I am stronger now that I can take care of myself without the stress of work. 
I workout an help people.  I inspire people to take a look at what they are doing and eating, I enjoy it.  That's why I started this blog.

I went to the gym yesterday.  Take my wheelchair out of my trunk and roll in.  I lose my balance so after using a lot of energy on an exercise I don't want to have someone pick me up off the floor.  No excuses.  I can't walk so I will roll and have the best looking upper body I can have.  I had a muscle building drink for breakfast and a salad for lunch.  I don't eat a lot of food.  I try to keep it healthy food but I like fried foods...moderation...moderation...moderation.  I'm having wings and fried veggies tonight.  My husband is the best cook.

Exercise of the week... lets start with a stretch.  This way if your not exercising anyone can do this.  Sit in your chair...reach your arms up and stretch back, looking up to stretch your neck... circle your arms down and to the front of you... lean forward.  Repeat this as many times as you can.  This is an easy stretch but all new exercises you should consalt your Dr. before starting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment